The Spotlight Monitoring System is sweeping the industry as the best method for condition monitoring and machine analysis on a large scale. But who can use it, what is it, why do you need it, and how does it work? Read our blog to get the answers to these questions and more.
The need for efficiency when it comes to industrial operations has never been greater.
Around the world, we have achieved levels of production that have never before been seen — and we’ve done so in a relatively short amount of time.
The need to optimize and speed up the process will likely only increase as time goes on, which begs the question: is your industry ready for the next revolution?
When it comes to performance analysis, machine protection, condition monitoring, and the simple goal of just saving money without interrupting productivity, there’s one solution that stands above the rest.
It’s called the Spotlight Monitoring System, and it’s now available industry-wide for those who are looking to take the next step and join the digital age.
The Spotlight Monitoring System allows for comprehensive performance data analysis on a much grander scale than what was previously possible.
Rather than monitoring a mere five percent of your industrial machinery, this innovative solution — backed by principles from the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) — allows for complete performance analysis and conditional monitoring of each and every piece of equipment.
That means you can monitor performance, predict failures, and make necessary repairs and improvements without catastrophic breakdowns or costly downtime.
Sound like it’s too good to be true? Well, it isn’t. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about Spotlight, and contact Windrock today to speak with a representative.
Who Can Benefit From Spotlight?
The Spotlight Monitoring System is designed to join data analysis and machinery performance together in matrimony.
We like to think of it as the industrial revolution meeting the digital revolution, and together these ideas can lead to innovation, critical analysis, improved productivity, and ultimately profitability.
Windrock’s Spotlight Monitoring System is ideal for any industry which works primarily with rotating or reciprocating machinery at a large scale — machines which are essential for operations but time-consuming and costly to monitor and inspect one-by-one.
Here are just a few examples of people within the industrial sector who can benefit from the Spotlight:
- Operations Executives: On the grand scale, the executive suits want to know that their equipment is up and running just like it should be — with no problems on the horizon. The Spotlight allows operations management and executives to assess the status of each piece of equipment and indicate whether performance has been interrupted or not.
- CFO/Financial Analysts: Data relates to performance, and performance leads directly to profits. And in the scheme of things, that’s what most concerns financial analysts and chief financial officers, isn’t it? Machines and assets that are always breaking down cost time and money. The Spotlight allows the financial gurus to identify which machines are problematic before a breakdown occurs, and the comprehensive analysis allows the company to save big on operations and repair costs.
- Analysts: Industrial analysts are the ones who are in the trenches, so to speak, ensuring that the critical components of the equipment are operating as they should. Spotlight makes this process much easier, allowing analysts to view data and performance on one intuitive digital dashboard without having to manually inspect the site.
What Is Spotlight?
OK, this is a fair question. What in the world is the Spotlight Monitoring System, anyway?
Simply put, it’s a faster, easier, and more modern solution to evaluate the performance of industrial assets in order to save time and costs on repairs and avoid breakdowns. It’s especially useful when it comes to large fleets of equipment, as the Spotlight serves as a simple plug-and-play solution which allows condition monitoring to occur at a much larger scale.
This innovative, digital system provides complete visibility of rotating and reciprocating machinery in a practical manner and at an affordable price.
Why Use The Spotlight?
The Spotlight Monitoring System is a solution for the modern age and beyond.
In today’s day and age, it’s essential to have performance data and condition monitoring at your fingertips at all times — and that’s exactly what this innovative system provides.
Spotlight allows you to identify problems before they become breakdowns, optimize operations with limited interruptions, and keep powering forward by incorporating the digital age into the industrial sector.
With this comprehensive machinery analysis platform, your company has the capability to:
- Cut down on maintenance expenses
- Cut the average repair time of machines
- Reduce machine failures drastically
- Extend asset life significantly
- Increase the rate of production
All of these key benefits come at about one-tenth the cost of a comparable monitoring network — one which monitors less and requires significantly more oversight.
The Spotlight system is easy and quick to install, and doesn’t require complicated networks of cords and conduit. Instead, you get the ability to analyze more data, faster, and for a fraction of the cost.
How Does Spotlight Work?
The entire Spotlight system consists of a few interactive components, which together provide the critical performance data you need. Here’s a brief rundown of how Spotlight works:
- Spotlight PUCs: The “PUCs” (Peripheral Universal Connection) are in fact magnet-mounted sensors which easily attach to the assets. From there, they collect data in real time and transmit that information to the controller through a series of small wires.
- Spotlight Controller: The controller is known as the “central nervous system” of Spotlight. This wall-mounted unit communicates which each individual PUC and pushes that data to the Windrock Enterprise Gateway which then transmits the data to “the cloud” via WiFi.
- Spotlight Gateway: A sophisticated cellular router that provides a steady and secure cloud network in which the data is stored. Connections can be made between the gateway and multiple controllers.
- Windrock Enterprise and Windrock MD: Once all of this data is collected, it is immediately viewable through the WIndrock platforms. With Windrock Enterprise, you can view key performance indicators, predictive analysis, warnings and alerts, and more — on desktop or on mobile. You can also perform a deeper analysis and generate custom reports on your data in Windrock MD, our robust analysis software.
The Windrock Spotlight Monitoring System incorporates the key principles of the IIoT in order to deliver a modern-day performance analysis solution.
Contact Windrock today to learn how your company can get started with the Spotlight Monitoring System.